Let’s all enjoy a solid chorus of “I Told You So!”

31 May

Yes, I believe in rubbing it in good. I let too many things fly past, this is not going to get by without insult.

Mark Sorensen owes us an apology. He was Brian Nakamura’s biggest supporter. Now Nakamura is doing just exactly what he did to Hemet, and other towns before that – leaving without proper notice, for a job he secretly sought out while in our employ. The guy is so predictable – I predicted this, in fact. But Sorensen gave him a huge salary, and the sacred trust, and then stood by while he pilfered our treasury for his own fat salary, pension and benefits. Not to mention, those of his friends, Orme and Constantin. And now he’s hired his friend as our city attorney.

Is Sorensen stupid or is he in on it? Will he take over as City Manager? What will happen to Orme and Constantin? I can’t decide yet, I’ll have to put in my prediction later. If only it paid like Vegas, I’d be a fucking millionaire by now.

7 Responses to “Let’s all enjoy a solid chorus of “I Told You So!””

1. bob May 31, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

Dang, he’s gonna make even more money at his new job and he will oversee a smaller budget and work force, although Rancho Cambodia is not the greatest place in the world to live but he’ll prolly live in a mansion in the burbs and no have to interact with the peasants.

2. Jim May 31, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

We have had a string of weasels as City Manager. I wonder who the next one will be.

• Jim May 31, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Oh and by the way…. I thought he was under contract? How can he just leave?

• Juanita Sumner May 31, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

I read his contract, and I don’t remember seeing anything that said he couldn’t leave. But, if we fire him for any non-criminal reason, we have to pay him a year’s salary as a walk-away.

We can all thank Mark Sorensen – I bitched about that contract – $50,000 moving allowance! – and he essentially told me to shut up. Stephanie Taber and Sean Morgan told me to “back off.” I’ve been systematically cut off by staff, I can’t get answers to simple questions any more. I’ll say one thing about Jennifer Hennessy, she replied to my e-mails and answered my questions, just had to know the right ones to ask. These guys flat don’t answer. Remember that idea you had about electronic application for the utility rebate – I asked Nakamura and Sorensen about that and they just blew me off. Same with my question about low-income subsidy for the required garbage service that will be a part of the new garbage tax. Most recently I asked about the totals for the Utility Tax rebate – just like I’ve asked the last two or three years – and I go no reply until I resent my request with the local newspaper editors in the cc bar. Bam, Chris Constantin got right back to me that time, but told me, “Your question has been forwarded to the appropriate individual. I will forward this email also.” But still no answer as of yesterday.

3. Michael Cafferata June 1, 2014 at 10:06 am #

Nakamura was referred to as a “sacrificial lamb”, more like a Judas goat.

• Juanita Sumner June 1, 2014 at 10:42 am #

Thanks for mentioning that Michael. I find Gruendl’s remarks to be confusing. Here he tells us in yesterday’s paper, he always expected Nakamura to leave? That’s not what he told us when Nakamura was hired. Sorensen admits he’s surprised, but not mad? Now they both admit – Nakamura was hired as a torpedo by a council without a collective set of balls. They hired him to do the job they didn’t have the nerve to do.

Sorensen has said, over each round of lay-offs, the city was bloated with too much staff – so they jack up the salaries of the management staff and fire all the workers? And now they tell us, they can’t serve us. I’ve been waiting for an answer to my e-mail inquiry for a week now, in past I would have got a response from Hennessy within one business day. Presson used to be more than happy to answer my questions too – “just call me if you need anything!” Now I get nothing, not even a “we can’t answer you right now…”

And that remark about “sacrificial lamb” – when did a lamb ever get it so good? What sacrifice? He’s getting $12,000 more a year to go to RC. He’s busy leapfrogging his retirement higher and higher, when he maxes out (at what figure I do not know, but supposedly there’s some limit), he’ll quit altogether and we’ll see his name pop up on the pensions list, at what, about $180,000/year?

Council hired this guy – were they stupid? I don’t think so – I think they think we’re stupid. And hey, if Gruendl and Sorensen get re-elected, we are stupid.