6 Mar

According to the Press Enterprise, out of Riverside California, nearby Hemet’s assistant city manager, having been passed over for their city manager position,  has been hired for the assistant city manager position here in Chico. Don’t you hate hearing it from somebody else?

“Mark Orme has resigned as assistant city manager in Hemet to take a similar position in Chico, he announced Wednesday, March 6…  Orme, 40, will work under Brian Nakamura, who was Hemet’s city manager for three years before resigning in August to go to Chico.”

Read the whole story here:

And here’s my prediction: Nakamura, who is about 50, is grooming a replacement for his own retirement coming up here in a couple of years.

Tom Lando, who helped Nakamura get the city manager job, and who also helped Chico City Councilor Mark Sorensen get his current position as Biggs City Manager, is setting up the deck to get his sales tax increase proposal onto an upcoming ballot.

Thanks very much to “can’t see the forest,” an anonymous poster, for this tip.  I will try to keep an eye on the PE, it’s a good news source, and I hope you will come back and visit us frequently.

Connie Hall Multimedia, Pix, & Web Design - Hemet, CA

Connie Hall’s facebook photo – nice knockers Babe! But if I were your mother I’d tell you to button that shirt.

I’m guessing she’s got a regular culture going on under those claws. The caption says she’d rather give up food than her long nails – I’m guessing, she’d rather give up work – she seems to have intentionally made herself completely useless.  I don’t know how she could be trusted to operate a keyboard without setting off a nuclear attack somewhere in Kazakhstan.

I’m glad your enjoying my blog Connie, your lighting up the board – but this is an old post, how about coming around to the current conversation, instead of playing lurking heckler? What, nothing intelligent to say?

7 Responses to “Chico has new Assistant City Manager – Nakamura hires his former assistant from Hemet. No nepotism here.”

1. Connie Hall April 11, 2013 at 9:58 am #

You folks in Chico have no idea what a gem you have in Mark Orme. He is such a fabulous steward for the community in which he works. TRy and get beyond your feeling of distrust and watch the magic happen. Our community adored Mark Orme, as well as Brian, and we were distraught to lose him.

• Juanita Sumner April 11, 2013 at 11:16 am #

It’s just too questionable – first Nakamura nudges out our sitting assistant manager without any explanation. Then he raises salaries by about $20,000. Then he hires his friend for the position.

His department reorganization will not save us any money. He’s getting rid of employees under questionable circumstances – we already have a “unlawful termination” suit against the city. He just got our city council to agree to horrible employee contracts by insinuating they’d be open to a lawsuit if they didn’t.

Your advice to “TRy and get beyond your feeling of distrust and wathc the magic happen,” sounds too much like “close your eyes and think of Mother England…”

And, frankly, I find it really weird that somebody like you would go to the trouble of coming to a blog in a town you don’t live in to tell us how “distraught” you are to lose Nakamura. You’ve got some interest here. I’m guessing, something for nothing, like the rest of these trough suckers.

Red lips, hair and fingernails, I hear you’re a mean old jezebel…

• Connie Hall June 13, 2013 at 7:55 am #

I’d love to move to Chico…it’s in the plan and I watch the community. Certainly looking forward to meeting you!

• Juanita Sumner June 13, 2013 at 8:22 am #

I’m not sure how to respond to your comment – I guess I’ll be honest. I’m not throwing out a welcome mat. People who can just pick up and move from one community to another at the drop of a hat make me nervous. That’s actually one of the biggest problems we have here – carpet baggers. It’s like that movie – Independence Day – where the aliens go from planet to planet, sucking all the resources out to make fuel for their ships, leaving nothing but destruction. That’s been the pattern with public workers, and it’s really left Chico picked clean.

“Certainly looking forward to meeting you!” We’ve already “met.” You’re that pushy broad with the weird fingernails. You’ve gotten as close to me as I’m going to allow. Let’s keep it virtual, okay?

2. Juanita Sumner July 2, 2013 at 5:44 am #

Connie I’d like to invite you and your fingernails to the Chico library this Sunday morning, 9am, to hear what Brian Nakamura has to say about our current financial situation.

Don’t you think it’s about time to get some sunshine? Quit lurking around that keyboard?

• Della Parker July 23, 2013 at 10:08 am #

Lol. You folks call it like it is. Connie Hall moving out of hemet soon? We couldn’t be so lucky!

• Juanita Sumner July 23, 2013 at 11:45 am #

Brian Nakamura cancelled on the meeting, so I guess Connie decided to stay in Hemet.