To vax or not to vax: at least read up on it before you decide

28 Jul

When will the madness end? According to the LA Times, “The CDC on Tuesday issued new guidance that vaccinated people should return to wearing masks indoors in public settings in parts of the country where the coronavirus is widely spreading.” As of yesterday Yolo County brought back their mask mandate.

Here in Butte County the mask mandate is being handled differently by different agencies. City of Chico meeting agendas no longer have any notice whatsoever about COVID, and meetings are open to the public again.

“The public is encouraged to participate in the City’s decision-making process and is invited to attend City Council meetings or view them live on Channel 11 or via streaming video here.  If you can’t attend a meeting, you can always submit your comments at Civic Engaged.j

Butte County Board of Supervisors still has a notice, but apparently, they will be operating on the Honor System.

Board of Supervisors meetings are open to the public. Pursuant to CDPH guidelines, face masks are not required for individuals fully vaccinated against COVID-19.  Entering the meeting without a mask will be considered a self-attestation that an individual is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Chico Unified School District is still pondering the mask mandate. Recall supporters are asking that it be dropped. We’ll see where that goes as Parents for In-Person Learning continue to gather signatures on their petitions. Frankly, I’ve had kids, and I’ve known a lot of kids, and kids can’t even take care of their jacket or shoes half the time. I hate to think how dirty and disgusting a kid’s mask gets. Is the teacher going to be responsible for that? I’m just glad, so very grateful, that I don’t have kids in CUSD.

Last I heard, Chico State will require vaccination if you want to get a degree. If it were me, I’d definitely go to a better school.

My kids got the shot for their jobs, and they got very sick afterwards. Who calls these reactions “mild side effects”:

• Pain, redness or swelling where the shot was given
  • Fever
  • Fatigue
  • Headache
  • Muscle pain
  • Chills
  • Joint pain
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Swollen lymph nodes

Well, the Mayo Clinic, for one. These are symptoms that can keep a person in bed, unable to care for themselves, and out of work, as Mayo also states, for one to three days. That’s hardly “mild”. My kids were totally KO-d for two days.

The information just gets worse as you read along. Blood clots. Heart problems, especially in young people? If you are considering this vaccination, you better read up on it:

And before you go, remember to stock up on simple foods like instant soup, easy to eat stuff like crackers, apples, bananas. You might want to get some bottled water to have next to your bed. Get some cold packs, or just frozen vegies – they make a nice cold pack, and they’re nice to eat when you have a fever. Make sure your bed is clean and comfortable and your laundry is caught up. If you have children, arrange for somebody else to take care of them for maybe three days.

Good luck!

6 Responses to “To vax or not to vax: at least read up on it before you decide”

1. mimsbird July 28, 2021 at 7:46 am #

Are you saying your kids got the injection????

Sent from my iPhone

• Juanita Sumner July 28, 2021 at 4:13 pm #

Yes, my son and his girlfriend were both “encouraged” to vaccinate as a term of employment. And, they truly believed it would be okay, and they wouldn’t have to wear the masks anymore. They don’t believe any of the hype, but they’re both just out of college and tired of being unemployed. Both of them were getting runaway zits from the masks. Besides, they both had a myriad of vaccinations as children so it seemed perfectly safe to them.

I won’t judge people (certainly not my perfect child!) who decide to get the vaccine, I’m just saying, people should know exactly what they’re getting, be ready for the consequences. Luckily I’d always instructed the boy to have a cabinet full of instant miso soup and a bag of frozen vegies. Aspirin is nice too.

2. Jim July 28, 2021 at 8:43 am #

The fever and chills some people get after a vaccination are your immune systems response to the vaccine. People who were sick after the vaccine, would probably have died from COVID.

Now the Delta variant of COVID is worse than the COVID that was going around last year.

They are recommending wearing masks again because so few people are getting vaccinated and ending up in the hospital, especially in Southern States. Of course these people expect the taxpayers to pay their hospital bill.

I’ve spoken to people who were hospitalized from COVID. One middle age man told me he lost his eyesight for two weeks, suffered a heart attach and stroke. Many others have long haul symptoms of memory fog. I got sick last March, however never was able to get tested back then. I suffered kidney failure, weakness, fatigue, heart palpitations, high blood pressure and digestive issues. It took seven months before I felt strong again and still haven’t completely recovered.

I can’t understand why anyone would fool around with COVID when there is a safe and effective vaccine available.

• Juanita Sumner July 28, 2021 at 4:24 pm #

Well, I never knew you were so sick Jim, I’m glad you’re still here and up to disagreeing with me.

I’m not telling anybody NOT to vaccinate, I’m telling them to be aware of the consequences, which are some pretty frightening side effects. I’d also like to see the government come a little cleaner on the whole thing.

I’ll tell you what – it’s an individual decision. There are serious side effects – like blood clots, kidney failure, stroke, heart inflammation – those are all serious side effects of the vaccine. Do you want to make a decision for somebody else that could result in serious illness, injury or death?

In answer to your last question, it’s NOT safe for everybody.

• Bob August 2, 2021 at 3:06 am #

The data is not as ‘generalizing’ as your words above… Not safe for everyone reasonably should imply something significant in a population, right? Like more than 1%. The people it’s not safe for is statistcally more like a penny to 10,000 or even 100,000 (or .0001%). I think we could have handled a few thousand deaths in the US vs a few million. But, because of hesitation. This is where we are.

You need to get more educated on the subject before you start talking about those things you read off of the Mayo Clinic site. Really doesn’t look like you’ve done enough research to be throwing out generalized claims like that. The long haulers that got covid have blood clots and chunks missing from various organs throughout their whole body from the cellular damage. Their group consists of tens of thousands of people. There is way more people messex up from coovid and Im starting to feel like they’ll blame the vaccine in the end. Mainly because of people like you.

Ironically my brother has half of one of his lungs functioning right now because of it (coovid, not the vaccine). I went and got the vaccine the day after I asked him if he would have got the vaccine knowing what covid was going to do to him.

Next time you come at somebody when they are vulnerable like that in a comment, you should be a little bit more respectful. Jim was trying to help you and I don’t even know Jim. But I see where you were going there- you thought you were being accused of persuasion of anti-vaccine.. you need to get over yourself.

Your kids are going to be safe from any serious complications if they do end up getting covid, and that’s really all the vaccine was for. To keep people from dying… secretly though, I know deep down you’re afraid of it. We are all afraid of it. It’s just some of us are afraid of the virus while other people are afraid of the vaccine LOL. Which group do you fall under?

• Juanita Sumner August 2, 2021 at 5:51 am #

I didn’t “come at” Jim, and if Jim was offended by my reply he has my contact information to tell me so. And usually does.

Why are you so adamant to make the decision for other people? Why are you trying to get in my head? This is classic bullying, anecdotes about people dying, losing lungs, etc. Taunting and trash talk – “what are you afraid of?”

What happened to my kid was described in detail on the Mayo Clinic website. The same symptoms were also detailed on the CDC website – you never heard of those agencies, huh? Find me a website that says the vaccine is a cakewalk, and I’ll be glad to look at that. But the official word is that this vaccine is NOT safe for everybody. Those who take it are taking it at their own risk, and that’s their right, but it’s not your right to come to my blog and get in my face. Got that? Furthermore, if you don’t like what I’m saying, you don’t have to read it, fair enough?

I’m not telling anybody not to vaccinate, but I’m not going to submit to bullying. If you’re so sure of the vaccine, just get it yourself. Wear a mask if you feel so moved. But don’t walk into my body space and try to tell me what to do.

I find people like you are a lot more confident from behind a keyboard and a fake name, “Bob”.