11 Sep
Frank Kennemer and Outback Steakhouse will be hosting a
Toby Schindelbeck for Council Fundraiser and you are invited!

Outback Steakhouse

Please Join Toby Schindelbeck, Candidate for Chico City Council, for a delicious lunch hosted by Frank Kennemer, owner at Outback Steakhouse in Chico!

When: Thursday, September 13th from 11:30am to 1:30 pm- show up anytime between.

Where: 1990 E. 20th Street

Chico, CA 95928

Suggested Donation $30.00 per person, includes a steak and shrimp lunch!

Please RSVP to Lisa at (530) 519-9634 if you can, or just show up.

Join us  to get to know Toby, his passion for the issues, what he stands for and what he will bring to the City Council.

Additional donations are greatly appreciated up to $500. If you are unable to attend, your generous contributions can be mailed to: 1141 Forest Ave, #20, Chico, CA. 95928.

I received the above invitation from Toby Schindelbeck. I have attended Outback Steakhouse fundraisers before, including a really nice dinner at the Nature Center years ago, and really enjoyed the food. I’ve also given tickets to their fundraisers as gifts, and never gotten a complaint.

Chico Taxpayers Association endorses Toby Schindelbeck because he has proven himself to be a hard worker, attending meetings, reading volumes of documents and weeding out discrepancies in the city’s book keeping, ah, er, let’s say “style.”  He’s also worked hard to get more citizens involved in their own government, raising issue with the closing of Station 5 and pressuring the city manager and council to uphold the city code and open the public finances to the scrutiny of the public.

Schindelbeck has said that he believes city employees, particularly the public safety employees, should pay more of their own benefits, and this is a move in the right direction. I don’t expect we will always agree with Toby Schindelbeck on everything, but it’s not his words or promises we’re endorsing, it’s his actions.

If you can’t make this fundraiser, keep posted, Toby has other fun events planned.

7 Responses to “Outback Steakhouse hosting a fundraiser for Chico council candidate Toby Schindelbeck – steak and shrimp lunch!”

1. Not 4Toby September 13, 2012 at 1:58 am #

You need to read this. Toby Schindelbeck, running for Chico city council is a real class act. This was a “conversation” he started by slandering our President, then insulting someone trying to engage in GOOD political debate. It was all deleted shortly after but Christian Demetro Crandall took a picture of the screen first! This guy should NOT win our city’s vote. What a shame.

Go to that link and tell me if that’s someone you want to be a representative for your city.

• Juanita Sumner September 13, 2012 at 6:04 am #

I’m sorry, I agree with everything Toby says about Obama. Slander? You need to consult a lawyer – here in America, we call it, “free speech.”

Just like your little diatribe. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I frankly think Obama should be impeached for being a traitor to his country.

2. Joseph September 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Well, the local evening propaganda….er….sorry….news did quite a hatchet job on this tonight as expected.

And they did a report on the city council candidate thingy this morning.

And of course, no mention of the elephants in the room…like unsustainalbe city pensions and the desire of the Lando/Schwabola crew to raise taxes by hook or crook, millions in RDA money that must be refunded to the state and the unsustainable “Sustainability” Task Force to name a few.

We have an ignorant (or maybe it’s worse than just ignorance) local media and a clueless electorate. Very drepressing.

Prepare to be reamed.

• Juanita Sumner September 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Glad to hear from you Joseph. I missed the news the last few days, I will have to check the websites. Sheesh I don’t know what to say about the media.

Blog-a-lu-jah!

• Joseph September 14, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Regarding the “news” you did not miss much. The report on the candidate forum was pretty much useless…meaningless platitudes, nothing of substance (and of course no mention of how the candidates are going to pay for what they said they would do) so of course that qualifies as news.

But hey, there is a new Korean dance craze so they had an agonizingly long video of everyone of the KHSL/KNVN staff trying to do this goofy dance…utterly ridiculous…and some how this qualifies as news to them.

As far as the Schindelbeck issue they had a screen image of a post he supposedly made. It looked like a longer post than what Not4Toby posted here. (So I wouldn’t be surpised if Not4Toby doctored that image.) Of course they only showed the parts that made Toby look as bad as possible and nothing else.

Toby needs to understand these people are going to use everything they possibly can against him.

• Juanita Sumner September 15, 2012 at 5:41 am #

Well, I think it’s a matter of whether you agree with Toby’s comments regarding Obama. I think it’s hilarious that anybody would say the president is off-limits for insults – look at political cartoons – they portray Obama as a big-eared monkey, and nobody says anything about that. For years they drew George Bush Sr with a PURSE – just what was THAT supposed to say?

But, I get your point – Ch 12 is out to get Schindelbeck. I realize this is not good news for Toby – but I’ll tell you the truth – I haven’t been watching the Ch 12 news for years. The last nail in the coffin was when they dumped Jerry and Kelly, who had put new wind in their sails. Now I watch Ch 7. I had often watched 7 before – they have more Chico news, go figure. I love Mike Mangas, even when he’s a jackass. I like all their crew, and as soon as Kelly Saam and Jerry Olynyn started working there, I watch Ch 7 almost exclusively.

I used to have a lot of respect for Linda Watkins-Bennett – frankly, I felt like she was an incredible role model for young girls who don’t look like Barbie – but she’s lost her professionalism lately, she’s hardly the go-getter she used to be. I can’t stand to watch her anymore. And Alan Marsden is an idiot, that guy. I know why she chose him over Olenyn and Saam – Marsden is a suck-up, he does what he’s told. Olenyn and Saam probably threatened her feelings of job security, or at least made her look bad.

I do love Kris Kuyper, we actually tune in to watch the weather pretty regularly.

3. Joseph September 14, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Toby’s got to be very careful.

By trying to get a little transparency in what the city is doing with our money (like trying to get the bureaucrats to produce the report the city law requires) he has made some powerful enemies.

They are going to be doing everything they can to go after him and make him look bad.

He really has got to be more careful and not give them the rope they will use to try to hang him.