Koyaanisqatsi! The Meagher has turned on the Mayor!

4 Sep

Did you happen to see our mayor, Scott Gruendl, on tv last night? Gruendl actually called a press conference before last night’s council meeting, to complain about how people have been complaining!  Seems the heat is getting too hot for Gruendl, he’s getting a little hysterical.

On the Channel 7 news website, Gruendl claims there’s been violent threats made toward Brian Nakamura, and insinuates others. Randall Stone jumps in with a story that does not include time, place, or names of those who supposedly wanted him “punched in the face.”

Gruendl also says people are trying to “paralyze” our local government – with requests for minutes? Well, at a meeting I attended recently, they said the minutes were months behind. Debbie Presson’s staff has been cut down to Dani, who isn’t worth the rubber foam in those crutches we’re paying for. They aren’t covering all the meetings, and when they do, they don’t transcribe the minutes for months. They offer instead ONE TAPE of the meeting, that you have to go Downtown to get, for 24 hours? – when I tried to use these, the local news reporters already had them, I’ve had to wait for them for a week only to have to take them back the next day. This is no way to keep the public informed, and those people requesting those minutes are not doing anything out of line. Didn’t I tell you all, a few months ago, there’s a trend in cities all over California right now, telling citizens they’re taking too much staff time with their requests for public information.  I knew Gruendl would jump on this wagon.

Gruendl is out of line here, and so are the other five councilors supporting him in the news conference.  That’s right, FIVE. Schwab is conspicuously absent here. Looks like Ann is walking out on The Gang.  And guess what she’s taking with her – a little bag of money name o’ Kelly!

By the way Scott, you look like Hell! Is it okay to say that, because I’m just being honest. You look like a plate of Death lately. Take a vacation somewhere sunny, would you? You look like a ghoul.

7 Responses to “Koyaanisqatsi! The Meagher has turned on the Mayor!”

1. Mary Fitch September 4, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

The best entertainment occurred during business from the floor. The Mayor popped his cork and interrupted me in mid-sentence. He is a very angry guy. If the truth causes him emotional pain, he will just have to find a way to endure it.

• Juanita Sumner September 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

Thanks Mary, you kick ass.

would you mind sending me that list of “lies” you recited – I can’t figure out how to post that video, and I would like people to see those.

• Mary September 7, 2013 at 9:26 am #

We are working on getting the video clip of business from the floor and will be happy to share.

• Juanita Sumner September 8, 2013 at 5:22 am #

Thanks Mary, I’ll be looking forward to it. I watched it, and the points you made were really interesting.

I realize the video is on the website, but I think more people would watch it if it were separated out into one little video. The city website isn’t reliable, I’ve had trouble watching videos many times. They always say I need to download something or tweak something,but then my computer tells me I don’t need to do that.

I did get responses from Sorensen, Presson and Gruendl regarding the missing videos and minutes – on a weekend? Something about the tone of the responses I got tells me we have every right to complain. I’ll post those responses asap.

• Jessica Allen September 6, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

I am appalled that anyone would be treated so shabbily for simply exercising their democratic right to address their local government. It doesn’t matter if they like what you are saying, it doesn’t even matter if you are 100% accurate. We have the right to criticize our government, ask tough questions, and demand answers. Thanks and keep it up!

• Juanita Sumner September 7, 2013 at 6:31 am #

Thanks for being appalled Jessica – somebody has to jump out of the lobster pot, and turn off the gas.

Shabby is right. I was just looking at the clerk’s page on the city website last night and discovered, there’s no minutes OR video from January to May – and I’ve actually looked at most of them, they have been removed. Gruendl screams that everything is in the open but we have no record of the last four to five months of meetings. I wrote an e-mail to the clerk, Gruendl and Sorensen, asking them about that, we’ll see if we get an answer.

Here’s something that has always bugged me – did you know, it has been the routine down there, that the clerk did not post the minutes until the councilors had all had a chance to go over them and STRIKE COMMENTS THEY DIDN’T WANT ON THE RECORD? Gruendl, who the clerk has mentioned to me takes the longest and removes the most of his own comments, has actually stood up there and asked for the video to be edited as well, thankfully that didn’t go anywhere. But now you see, somebody has seen to it that the videos aren’t available at all.

In this country, since we were wee biddies, we have been spoon-fed that bullshit about “government of the people, by the people, for the people” – we need to make them pay out on that hooey. I think these councillors all believe, as Sean Morgan admitted to me recently, that they are elected so they should just do what they want – the people need to trust them! The nerve he has to say that, after what we have been finding out. He should be encouraging the public to get involved, they all should. They don’t want to have to listen, they really don’t have the slightest idea of what it is to be a public servant.

They all stink – this is a fish with so many heads, it can’t swim.

2. Mary September 9, 2013 at 10:34 am #

Reblogged this on Truth Matters, Chico!.