Trostle needs to GO!

21 Nov

Sent to Chico PD Chief Kirk Trostle at kirk.trostle@chicoca.g0v

Chief Trostle,

I think you are making a mistake trying to kick Councilor Stone off the PAB.    We all know this is about Stone’s asking you police officers to pay your own benefits.

Boothe should be disciplined for calling a council member “an idiot” because of his stance on employee pensions and benefits.  I believe Boothe has created a “hostile work place.” In fact, from a  citizen’s point of view, you have created a “hostile environment” for all of us, refusing to pay your own benefits when our town is in this kind of situation. Then allowing your subordinate to harass an elected officer publicly? That’s really poor judgement on your part.

I think you should also consider stepping down. You are obviously not suited to a management position.

Juanita Sumner

7 Responses to “Trostle needs to GO!”

1. Casey November 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

Juanita tells it like it is!

• Juanita Sumner November 22, 2013 at 6:11 am #

Unfortunately some people can’t get around their distaste for Randall Stone to see what’s going on here. The cops are pissed at Stone because he agrees with Stephanie Taber, that they need to pay more of their own benefits. Stephanie Taber has been saying all along they need to pay their own benefits. I’d hate to hear what Boothe has to say about Taber that he didn’t have the guts to post on his Facebook page.

2. Patrick Quinn November 22, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

It appears the police department is taking this opportunity to smear Stone because of his position on pension reform for police, fire, EMT, etc but what about the racism investigation? When someone spends this much time going after an accuser it makes me wonder if they are trying to distract me from the initial accusation. You seem to have the knowledge and savvy to do some internet/facebook page/poll asking citizens of Chico or visitors if they’ve experienced what they’d consider racist from any Chico employee. I’m sure there’s some “racist” test out there, maybe even one the police dept is supposed to use:) in its sensitivity training. You might also ask if images similar to the ones Boothe had posted are racist – they were blurred out on the news but described- let the people of Chico decide. If it’s satire it shouldn’t be an issue.

• Juanita Sumner November 23, 2013 at 6:16 am #

I’m sorry, I do not have the knowledge or savvy or TIME to do surveys of the public. If people want to speak on this issue all they have to do is make a comment, like you did, and unless it is a personal attack or creepy I will post it. I will be glad to take anonymous comments as long as they’re on subject.

I’m not interested in that conversation anyway, and that investigation will not go anywhere. What’s important here is the contracts, and getting these people to take responsibility and pay for their own healthcare and retirement.

• Patrick Quinn November 23, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

So, let me get this straight – you think Trostle is using this “smear Stone campaign” to promote the police department’s agenda regarding compensation, that’s wrong and he should go. But aren’t you doing the very same thing? You’re asking for Trostle’s dismissal/resignation as part of pay reform using this issue without regard to the original issue. If you’re more concerned about money than racism then you’re probably a racist.

• Juanita Sumner November 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm #

I think Trostle should step down because he doesn’t manage the police department appropriately. He’s refused to enforce the laws on public camping and aggressive panhandling, spelled out very clearly in the code. He uses overtime like it grows on trees. Instead of leading his subordinates to pay their own benefits, he has demanded pay raises and promotions. He runs the police department as though it’s a separate entity from the rest of the city. He’s not a “Team Player.” He pits his men against the public, and yes, now he’s allowing his subordinate to attack a city council member. Like I said, he’s created a hostile work environment. I’d like to see him step down.

“If you’re more concerned about money than racism then you’re probably a racist.” Wow, that’s quite a stretch – I bet you could eat a grape out of your own belly button.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks