OMG! She posted the 460’s! But still nothing from the cops

24 Oct

We need to keep “presson” her to get those CPOA 460’s up there.

13 Responses to “OMG! She posted the 460’s! But still nothing from the cops”

1. bob October 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

The coppers are above the law. They don’t need to post.

And did you see the Snooze and Review’s article about the Paradise tax increase? Talk about a fluff piece. Totally one sided, but hey, what would you expect? The Snooze has NEVER seen a tax increase it did not like.

There is going to be a great deal of pressure for a sales tax increase for Chico in the next election.

2. bob October 25, 2014 at 7:28 am #

So why are the coppers being given a pass on this? Is she and the rest of them at city hall in cahoots with the coppers?

I tell ya, Juanita, there is no doubt going to be a sales tax increase on the next ballot. There is no doubt going to be more hanky panky like the sewer tax increase and what they are doing with the money and the garbage “franchise.”

The politicians, special interests and bureaucrats are gonna stick it to the taxpaying little people every which way they can.

How can it be any other way when they are paying city clerks $132,000 a year plus benefits? (Add in the pension and the rest of the benefits and the cost of this employee is probably around 175% of the salary!) How can it be any other way when they are paying 6 figure pensions plus health benefits for people like John Rucker. There’s an army of people we will have to pay 6 figure pensions to. You tell me how they do that without tax increases.

The public needs to be educated on this. All they’re gonna hear from the trough feeders is “raise yer taxes or we’ll let your house burn down and let the thieves shoot you ’cause there’s no money for cops and firemen! And no money for schoolz…do it fer da childern or you’re just a selfish pig meany!”

And the sheeple will eat it right up! Just watch. The sales tax increases in Redding and Paradise will pass. Hell, in Paradise no one even bothered writing anything against the tax increase that will appear in the voting handbook. All over this state local sales tax increases have passed.

• Juanita Sumner October 25, 2014 at 10:47 am #

That reminds me – somebody sent me a link to this website a long time ago, or I found it somehow, and then forgot about it again:

the Enterprise Record isn’t posting the salaries right now. When I inquired in late July, David Little said he was “gathering the information on the salaries” – from who(m?) I don’t know, but it’s sure taking him long enough. Michael Jones is having about as much luck trying to get the city to post the salaries on the city website, we’ll see how that goes. Meanwhile you can get information up to 2012 on the Transparent California site.

I hope more people will look. Five or so years ago, it was uncomfortable bringing up salaries, what people make, etc. It was considered impolite to talk about salary, people treated me like an idiot, a skunk at a garden party – a woman actually used the word “gauche” on me one time – when I’d talk about what city management was making in relation to the rest of the population, and how I thought public salaries were “unsustainable.” Now, finally, this conversation is getting going. And the pensions too, I’m in shock seeing this finally becoming a conversation, but I’m worried it will get the usual election time gloss over and then “okay we’ve talked about it, let’s move along, nothing more to see here folks…”

I believe Sorensen and Fillmer and Coolidge told the cops to ask for 5 percent raises so they could bash them down to 2 or 3 percent and look like real badasses.

• bob October 25, 2014 at 11:43 am #

I checked out that site and one thing I noticed is that for most of these people the salaries and pensions seem to go up every year.

This is what happens to the Brown’s tax increase money (including the sales tax increase) and local tax increases.

The sheeple are conned into believing that the money goes for more “services” when the money is going for raises and pension increases for current gummit employees.

So I’m assuming the pensions (and probably the salaries) have automatic increases built in. It looks like cost of living increases don’t account for all of it (even for the pensions) as the increases look like more than CPI (consumer price increase) adjustments.

It’s just insane that people vote for tax increases when these bureaucrats and the rest of the gummit employees are getting more and more every single year and when they get 80%, 90% or more of their highest year’s salary for life pension plus medical. Meanwhile the suckers in the private sector are just lucky to have a job with no pension and their real wages have gone down. I just can’t explain how people could be so stupid.

• Juanita Sumner October 26, 2014 at 5:11 am #

Yes, I notice this too, Chico salaries are adjusted all the time. The process is confusing and they keep it that way so we don’t know what they’re doing. The newest cop contract has an automatic pay increase formula, it’s really complicated. They use these “formulas” to keep us from understanding the process.

People may not be stupid but it’s easy to distract them. There is so much going on right now – while we’re talking about the city of Chico, a bunch of losers are running for CARD seats, but none of them talking about the assessment they will put on taxpayers to build their fabulous new aquatic center.

3. bob October 25, 2014 at 7:29 am #

There will need to be snappy slogans against the sales tax increase on the next ballot.

Like, “I’ll vote for a sales tax increase as soon as you stop making city bureaucrats millionaires.”

• bob October 25, 2014 at 7:30 am #

It really should be multi-millionaires. Just look at the value of those pensions if they live more than ten years.

• Juanita Sumner October 25, 2014 at 10:49 am #

How about, “No, no! A thousand times NO!” with a picture of Tom Lando tying the city of Chico (including the remaining classified staffers!) onto the grill of a cop car?

4. bob October 25, 2014 at 10:14 am #

I don’t think these politicians and trough feeders understand that for the little people the economy is in a depression…or should that be d. presson.

5. bob October 26, 2014 at 7:11 am #

I wish every resident of Paradise would read this before they vote on that tax increase.

• Juanita Sumner October 26, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

Thanks Bob, I enjoyed reading that. I think I might subscribe to the Bee. I read it online occasionally, I find it a lot more satisfying read than either of our local rags.

You know what’s scary about Paradise’s situation – look at their salaries here:

Their salaries look small compared to Chico salaries, but wow – $122,000 to manage Paradise? You’ve got to be kidding!

How can people making $40 – 50,000 working full time away from their kids accept this kind of, well, I can’t think of a better word than embezzlement. Chuck Rough has ridden through the whole thing, I wonder how much his salary has gone up in the last 10 years. He’s also cut staff while he’s taken a bigger salary, same old story.

• bob October 26, 2014 at 2:05 pm #

You know what’s scary about Paradise’s situation – look at their salaries here:

Their salaries look small compared to Chico salaries

That’s right. Even with salaries and benefits that are much, much lower than Chico’s, the politicians and bureaucrats in Paradise are saying they need a sales tax increase.

Either something is rotten in Paradise or if Paradise has to have a half cent sales tax increase Chico is going to need a sales tax increase much, much larger.

Either way, it’s like I’ve been saying, if the politicians, bureaucrats and other trough feeders had their way we’d be paying a sales tax of 15 or 20 percent on top of various other tax and fee increases.

In any case, all taxpayers need to read that article.

• Juanita Sumner October 27, 2014 at 5:36 am #

I believe that too – they just don’t have any sense of shame.