4 Feb

Well, you know I can’t resist saying “I told you so.” Especially when some bully has come and twisted my arm to do what they want. No, I won’t get over Yvonne Johnson’s ugly threat – “you’ll get what you deserve for this endorsement...” That endorsement was Randall Stone over Andrew Coolidge in District 5.

“I would say the same about your stupid endorsement of Stone! You will get what you deserve for this endorsement. As I understand things, Coolidge was trying to compromise on one particular issue that you didn’t agree with. Stone and his wife make bank on the public dollar. She gets buyback on health insurance, PERS, and a lot of other perks due to Stone’s political position.”

One particular issue? He approved the Shelter Crisis Designation, that was hardly a “compromise,” it was a complete sell-out, and the conservatives, including Rob Berry, were pissed about it. That designation is WHY we are where we are today.  When Coolidge announced his candidacy for the 2020 race, Rob Berry acknowledged that Coolidge had voted with the liberals to institute a “Shelter Crisis Designation.” But endorsed him anyway?  Well, how did you feel Yvonne, at exactly that moment when Coolidge threw his hat in with Huber and Brown to forward that plan to put nearly a million dollars of General Fund money into a hobo camp on the kids’ BMX track at the fairgrounds?

And let’s not forget Lttle Miss “Clean Up the Camps” Deepika Tandon, who also voted with the liberals.   She actually littered my computer with ads showing hobos and her own picture, face filled with disgust. Now she expects us to give them our Park and Ride? What?

So, excuse me if I’m laughing instead of crying this morning – the image of Rob Berry and Teri Dubose and the rest of you ugly little fascists with a big splatter of egg on all your faces is just too amusing. You bullies ran an ugly campaign, Dubose funneled 10’s of thousands from the unions into funding Coolidge’s campaign – and now? Neither Dubose nor Berry will fess up to this huge blunder.

I’m old now, and I don’t really give a  flying fuck at a rolling donut what people think, so cover your ears if you don’t like profanity – FUCK YOU CHICO FIRST AND CITIZENS FOR A SAFE CHICO. You people are a giant joke. Unfortunately you’ve put that joke right onto the rest of us.

6 Responses to “Congratulations Yvonne Johnson, Teri Dubose, Rob Berry, and all you Chico “Fisters” – you got what you deserved for endorsing Andrew Coolidge!”

1. bob February 4, 2021 at 7:12 am #

Coolidge is a disaster for this community. He is trying to raise our taxes and take on enormous debt with a POB and a road bond. But of course, there’s more. There isn’t even enough money to fix the streets and the city has over a quarter billion in UAL debt, but he and the others are going to funnel what will wind up being millions of city dollars into the homeless industrial complex sink hole.

Mark my words, once all these camps go up and the word gets out, Chico will be a magnet for transients from across the state and even country. Chico can’t even afford to fix it’s streets and deal with the transients already here. And more will be on the way once the camps and tiny houses go up.

Berry and Dubose spent a lot of effort and money to get Coolidge elected and make sure he became mayor. They were either conned or are part of the con. I bet their members feel that now they’re up Berry Creek without a fire extinguisher.

I hope the members of Safe Chico and Chico First are not deluded enough to keep following Berry and Dubose into the sink hole they have created.

• Juanita Sumner February 4, 2021 at 7:24 am #

I agree – and I see by the comments on CF members are starting to question Berry and Dubose’s blind-leading-stupid/lazy style of “leadership”.

• bob February 4, 2021 at 8:01 am #

If I was a member of Chico First or Safe Chico and gave them any money, I would be asking for a refund.

• Juanita Sumner February 4, 2021 at 8:32 am #

That’s why I never give money to this stuff – they’ll say whatever you want to hear to get into your pocket.

I have a rat trap in my purse.

• bob February 4, 2021 at 10:31 am #

I tell you, if I had given money to either Dubose or Berry I’d sure feel like an idiot now. Here you give them your hard earned money to reverse the nonsense and instead they enable more of it! And if I lived in Tandon’s district and voted for her, I’d have Tandonitis. Coolidge and Tandon need to go. They should be recalled but instead we will have to endure four years of just what you saw on Tuesday night.

2. bob February 4, 2021 at 1:18 pm #

The poverty pimps don’t give a damn about these homeless people. If they did they wouldn’t be setting up camps where they live like animals. No, if they cared they’d be getting these people the hell out of Chico and into detox/rehab centers or mental health institutions where they could get some help. Or for the incorrigible into jail where they belong.

Instead the poverty pimps continue the suffering of these people with these ridiculous camps. And what they are doing will guarantee that more transients will come to Chico. And that’s just what the poverty pimps want. After all, there are huge pots of taxpayer dollars to be had.

And let’s face it, there are large bureaucracies, both government bureaucracies and quasi-government bureaucracies, that have become entrenched here, and with what the city council is doing they will only grow.

This situation is now a permanent part of Chico and will only grow.